Whether you are building a community theater, a school auditorium or a church venue, when the time comes to invest in a new theater, performance hall or gathering space, you want to make sure you are making the best choices. After all, this is going to be a space that your entire community will hopefully use for years to come—and you deserve to have a great venue.
A metal building probably is not the first option to come to mind when you think of a theater space, but once you consider the benefits, you will see that it is a surprisingly smart choice. Here are six reasons to consider working with metal fabricators in Indiana to build your theater space:
- Unobstructed views: Chances are, you want to be able to pack as many people into your new theater as possible. If you were to choose a more traditional material for your theater, you would have to worry about placing support beams to support the large structure. This is not the case for metal buildings. They are strong enough to support themselves, meaning you can have more seats with unobstructed views.
- Damage resistant: Fire, wind, lightning, earthquakes—all of these natural elements can wreak havoc on traditionally built structures. But as metal fabricators in Indiana know, steel structures are incredibly resistant to damage. The last thing you would want would be to endanger your audience and performers in the event of a disaster, and metal buildings help lessen that risk.
- Low energy costs: Operating a theater can require a lot of energy—both in terms of your own personal energy, and in terms of electricity and gas. Metal structures are famously energy efficient and easy to heat. This means that you can ensure your audience, parishioners or attendees are comfortable, without having to spend an arm and a leg on energy costs.
- Insurance discounts: Of all the choices for building materials, there is one clear-cut advantage to going with a steel building: your insurance rate will be considerably lower. A big building like a theater costs a lot of money to operate and insure—shouldn’t you take the opportunity to save if possible?
- Styling options: As structural steel fabricators in Indiana, we sometimes hear from potential customers that they worry their metal building will be “ugly.” But with the money you save on the building itself, you can invest a lot in the aesthetics—and metal buildings are a lot more versatile and easily stylized than you might think!
- Quick assembly: A big construction project like a theater could take years to complete—that is, unless you decide to go with a metal building. You could be hosting performances in your new theater space in a matter of months if you choose to invest in a metal building.
At the end of the day, a metal building may not seem like the most obvious choice for a theater—but it is certainly a smart one! Contact your structural steel fabricators in Indiana today to learn more about this great option.
This post was written by Writer