Are you looking for a way to cut back on your business’ energy bills or lessen your company’s environmental footprint? Well, in addition to being sturdy, durable, affordable and long-lasting, commercial steel buildings also happen to be very energy efficient! That is why so many businesses are turning to metal fabricators in Indiana to help cut their energy costs.
As structural steel fabricators in Indiana, we are used to working with clients who are not familiar with how steel buildings work, or what makes them particularly energy efficient. That is why we have put together this handy guide that spells out how you, as a business owner, can save money on energy bills by switching to commercial steel buildings:
- Cut down on energy loss: In a traditional building, you can easily lose the energy from your heating and cooling system through your windows, doors and any other building openings. But prefabricated commercial steel buildings are designed to have very few openings, and can easily be outfitted with insulation to make them even more energy efficient.
- Reflective roofing: Did you know that your steel buildings can easily be equipped with reflective roofing? These reflective paint technologies cause the sun’s harsh UV rays to bounce off of the building, meaning it will be less hot in the summer, and you will not have to spend so much on cooling your building.
- CFL bulbs: Here is another way you can cut down on your energy bill for your industrial metal building: replace your existing light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs, commonly known as CFL bulbs. These bulbs use less energy, and last up to 10 times longer than other lighting options. That is a win-win for you when it comes to energy costs!
- Energy auditing: As structural steel fabricators in Indiana, we often get questions from clients curious about how they can make their steel buildings even more energy efficient than they already are. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) offers a tool called the Portfolio Manager to help you assess where you are using the most energy. Consider looking into this helpful resource!
- Turn it off: Sometimes, the simplest solutions are the ones we too often overlook. For example, turning your lights off or flipping your machines off when they are not in use could save you quite a bit of energy costs, without causing you any inconvenience! Talk to your team about making sure they power down any devices they are not using.
Now that you know just how energy efficient commercial steel buildings are, chances are you would like to connect with metal fabricators in Indiana to learn more. That is where Benchmark Fabricated Steel comes in! We have been helping our clients make the switch to metal buildings and cut down on their energy costs for years, and we would be happy to do the same for you.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about our products and services, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
This post was written by Writer