There is a high initial cost associated with stainless steel, which can give the metal a bit of a bad rap in some cases. However, the reason so many people continue to purchase stainless steel equipment and appliances over and over again is because it is so remarkably dependable, which is a quality that cannot be overlooked, particularly in the world of metal fabrication.
There are plenty of benefits associated with stainless steel. Here are just a few examples of some of these great benefits from our team of structural steel fabricators in Indiana:
- Recyclable: If you’re interested in committing to more environmentally friendly construction or fabrication, one of the biggest benefits you’ll find with stainless steel is that it is 100 percent recyclable. In fact, more than 50 percent of the stainless steel used today comes from previously melted steel scraps, which does a lot to reduce waste from projects.
- Resists corrosion: Stainless steel is corrosion resistant, which helps increase its overall value while making it an ideal long-term investment for any part or construction process. This is especially beneficial if you know the application will experience a lot of exposure to the elements or to moisture in general.
- Easy to fabricate: Fabricators love to work with stainless steel because it’s one of the easiest types of metals to fabricate. In fact, the only time there will be anything remotely challenging about the stainless steel fabrication process is if the fabricator is using some significantly outdated equipment. So long as the fabricator stays up to date with all of their tools and processes, this isn’t an issue you should have to worry about at all.
- Resistant to heat: Stainless steel is highly resistant to heat, especially if you choose high chromium and nickel-alloyed grades. This will allow you to use stainless steel more effectively in boilers, valves, feed water heaters and a variety of other types of heat exchangers. This heat resistance not only increases the durability of the material, but it also makes the material that much more valuable.
- Long-term value: As part of your decision-making process when choosing the type of material you’ll use for your fabrication, you should consider the long-term value and the life cycle cost of the materials you’re looking at using. Stainless steel has great long-term value because it’s extremely durable, easy to work with and is generally maintenance-free, so you can focus over the long term on having a great product and process without having to deal with nearly as much maintenance (and the costs associated with it).
If you’re interested in learning more about the various benefits associated with the use of stainless steel in fabrication processes and how stainless steel makes for a great investment over a long period of time, we encourage you to contact the team of metal fabricators in Indiana at Benchmark Fabricated Steel. Our experts will be happy to answer any questions you have about our services and the general processes associated with steel fabrication. Get in touch today!
This post was written by Writer