Electrical enclosures are essential in all kinds of industries and settings. Each enclosure must meet the unique needs and demands of that specific application. Because of this, electrical enclosures often require a custom sheet metal fabrication design.
For optimal results, it is best to design these enclosures before fabrication. It is the simple principle of not putting the cart before the horse. If you want things to work properly, you need to design metal fabrication before starting the fabrication process itself. Here are the most important aspects to keep in mind.
To ensure your electrical enclosure meets the needs of your setting, it is crucial to consider these needs before fabrication. For example, if your operations require more compact electrical enclosures that are flexible enough to fit in various small spaces, this must be part of the sheet metal fabrication design.
Or, if you need to design metal fabrication that is strong and robust to withstand tough environments, this should also be considered. Your local fabricator can work with you to design the best solution for your setting.
Assembly lines can produce quality products. However, when you create electrical enclosures, you may want something that has been customized rather than created as quickly and cheaply as possible on a line.
When you plan out sheet metal fabrication design, you can include the details and quality that will make the enclosure the best possible fit for your application. It will be something you can rely on because it is made to a higher standard and delivers better quality.
As you follow this process for the design of your metal fabrication, there are several important aspects to keep in mind:
- Type: Electrical enclosures can be wall-mounted, free-standing or equipment-mounted. The type you choose should be based on the setting of the enclosure.
- Location: How much space will be available for the enclosure? What will the environment be like around the enclosure (stable temperature, lighting, moisture level)?
- Layout: Consider the layout of the electrical panel. This must guide the design of the enclosure to ensure it’s compatible with the panel.
- Materials: Sheet metal fabrication design is often the top choice for electrical enclosures. However, some situations may call for other materials, such as fiberglass.
- Fasteners: How will the parts of the enclosure be attached? Always discuss fastening options with your sheet metal fabrication design experts to determine which will be best for your enclosure.
- Manufacturing: Once the design is complete and fabrication can begin, where will the electrical enclosure be made? The fabricator may be able to come to your site.
- Security: Does the enclosure need to be secure? You may need to include an access control key system or other form of security in the sheet metal fabrication design.
Let’s get started
Since 1971, Benchmark Fabricated Steel has been delivering custom solutions for sheet metal fabrication design. When you’re ready to start your next project, we are too. Our expert staff will provide a quality design and detailed fabrication to produce the perfect product for your needs. Reach us today at 812-238-2691 to start on your design.
Categorised in: Metal Fabricators
This post was written by Writer