Benchmark Fabricated Steel is fully accredited by both the AISC and the Canadian Welding Association for producing the highest quality products in the industry. We are a fully certified fabricator and are recognized by the Chamber of Commerce for our work. Everything we do is with the highest quality materials, staff, and experience. There is simply no getting around the fact that we are interested in producing only the very best equipment and materials for our customers.
Today, we want to talk about connections in steel structures, why they matter, and a little bit about the structural steel connection design elements that you need to know about.
Steel Connectors Are Classified in Various Ways
In general, steel connectors are broken down into five distinct classifications. Those categories are useful when determining which type of steel connectors are the most useful for any given project. If those distinctions are not made, it can be challenging for anyone to figure out which connectors they should use in any given scenario.
The connectors are classified based on distinct factors about them. A few of the factors that are used to determine which category a steel connector should go into include the following:
- Connecting Medium – The medium used to connect the steel to other construction elements.
- Internal Forces Transmitted – Another classification element is the internal forces transmitted by the steel connectors.
- Structural Elements – The specific structures that make up the steel connectors are another categorizing factor.
- Members Being Joined – The types of materials or members being joined together by the steel connectors is yet another element that is used to determine how to classify the steel connectors.
- Method of Erection – How the steel connectors are erected is another way to break them down into different categories.
Understanding these different categorizing factors is useful because they tell you a lot about the particular steel connector you are looking at. Some people may not be too bothered to look into something like this, but you ought to at least consider how you can determine if a steel connector is high-quality and useful or not. Sometimes, it all comes down to the smallest factors that make all the difference.
Know What You Are Getting
There is a lot of value to be enjoyed by truly knowing what you are getting when you start working with steel connectors. You are always going to be best served when you get elements that make sense to you and are immediately useful. Otherwise, you may be working with something that simply won’t get the job done for you, and that is always such a letdown no matter who you are.
Our team will guide you through the questions you may have about steel connectors so you can get the elements that work best for your specific needs.
Categorised in: Structural Steel
This post was written by admin